Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure of the best place to put this information, so I'll just type what I have to say and let things work themselves out. My firm (mapformation) is now to the point where we would like to begin deliberately and aggressively marketing our campus map design services within the European continent. There are literally hundreds of academic institutions in Europe, and there does not seem to be a great deal of firms with a particular specialty in designing maps of collegiate and/or corporate campuses.

Over the past several months, I have been quietly talking to a handful of institutions in Great Britain about our services, as a sort of "test run" on the marketing front, if you will. The common response I am hearing is that institutions are very impressed with our portfolio, but prefer to work with "local" designers as opposed to an American firm.

I still think that Europe presents a tremendous opportunity for our firm, and am beginning to wonder if the answer might be a sort of "rep" or marketing partner on the continent....aggressively promoting our map design services while serving as a "local" contact who can coordinate at least some of the project management tasks associated with the typical project.

Ideally, what I would LOVE to find is some small independent shop out there who might see what our firm is about and decide to join forces with us...helping to increase their own quantity of leads (particularly in North America) while helping to expand our mapformation brand into the European market. However, I would also be interested in discussing other options such as "commission sales" or potential sub-contractor arrangements as well.

mapformation is now the largest developer of collegiate campus maps on the planet, and if we are going to make an effort to promote ourselves in Europe, we don't want to do things half-way! Consequently, if there is anyone on CartoTalk and/or anyone that members of this forum might know who you think might be interested in discussing this type of potential opportunity with us, please feel free to contact me off-list at datonn@mapformation.com.

Thank you in advance for any help and ideas I might receive!

Derek Tonn
Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->