2 replies to this topic

jftm

jftm

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Mexico

HI EVERYONE,

IVE SOME .BIL ELEVATION MAPS AND USE GLOBAL MAPPER TO SEE THEM. HOWEVER IM NOT SURE OF ELEVATION DATA, CANT FIND DATUM SPECIFICATIONS. HOWEVER WHEN I EXPORT TO AUTOCAD (DXF) THE GEOGRAPHICAL COORDINATES (LAT & LONG) ARE EXPORTED TO STANDARD AUTOCAD UNITS SO THE MAP IS ALL DISTORDED.

ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS?? OTHER SOFTWARE CONFIG??

THAKNS IN ADVANCE

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

You would have to reproject it to another projection before exporting it. I'm not a Global Mapper user myself, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Also, please don't type in all capital letters, it's difficult to read and it gives the impression you're shouting.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

projection/datum info in GM is located under either tools>configureation>projection tab or under tools>control center>metadata or projection tabs. When exporting GM will export to whatever the current projection datum is. For going into ACAD, i'd suggest getting out of geographic coords and into some type of cartesian system like UTM. Once in ACAD, go to tools>units and make sure that type = decimal; set the precision to what ever you want, probably 0.0 or 0.00.

rj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->