1 reply to this topic

Kartograph

Kartograph

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Germany

Hi there, just got the call for abstracts eMail for the ICC next year. Seems the have the whole (nearly classical by now) omnibus of subjects.

ICC Invitation

Call for abstracts: March 01, 2006

Deadline for submission of abstracts: November 01, 2006

Notification of authors: January 15, 2007

Deadline for submission of full papers: April 30, 2007

Deadline guaranteed hotel reservation: June 15, 2007

Has anybody ever attended an ICC? Is it worthwhile? I've got the impression it's heavy on the academic site. I'm seriously considering submitting a paper, I'd love to hear about any experiences you guys have.

Lui

Lui

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Natural looking maps, hillshading, mountain cartography, LIDAR, TLS, data fusion, photogrammetry, singing, poetry, cycling
  • Slovenia

Hi there, just got the call for abstracts eMail for the ICC next year. Seems the have the whole (nearly classical by now) omnibus of subjects.

ICC  Invitation

Call for abstracts: March 01, 2006

Deadline for submission of abstracts: November 01, 2006

Notification of authors: January 15, 2007

Deadline for submission of full papers: April 30, 2007

Deadline guaranteed hotel reservation: June 15, 2007

Has anybody ever attended an ICC? Is it worthwhile? I've got the impression it's heavy on the academic site. I'm seriously considering submitting a paper, I'd love to hear about any experiences you guys have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was in A Coruna ICC last year. It was a big cartographic event (cca. 2000 participants) but ICC is more academic than practical cartography event. It is good too be at such event just to see where some parts of cartography are heading. If you are interested in cartographic generalization (I think it was the largest group of papers) then you have to attend. The most enjoyable and also the least formal is Mountain Cartography section, but the main event of this section is Mountain Cartography Workshop every two years. This year it was held in Bohinj (Slovenia) and in 2008 it will take place in Swiss. It is intensive four day event with 30-40 participants where each participant presents a paper and usually also some of his work.
I will probably skip ICC in Moscow. For me it is too big event and it is really hard to attend all oral presentations that I'm interested in. And I have to mention that participants from China never came and held their presentations with very interesting titles. I was was dissapointed.

Lui

Lui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->