Maps.com Bryan

Maps.com Bryan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United States

Hello Freelancers,

Maps.com has a great symbiotic service we provide for freelance cartographers, as well as ourselves. We created a job list service where we post to our web site carto jobs that we hope to freelance out. The site then sends each of our registered freelancers an email informing them of that jobs specifics, due date, file format, etc..... At that point it is up to the freelancer to bid on that job if he/she wants to take the work. After a few days we choose a freelancer based on bid price and past work experience to take the job. We've been doing this program for close to a year and it has been working perfectly. I thought I'd pass it along in hopes that more freelancers would sign up.

Here is the address:

http://dd.maps.com/FreeLancer/

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bryan@maps.com

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

In order to facilitate the ongoing discussion, I've split all posts except Brian's original one into a new topic here.

The reason is that the job sections of Cartotalk are set up so that a moderator or admin has to approve a post before it is visible to the rest of the users. This is not a very good system if there's an ongoing discussion.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->