4 replies to this topic

cmdrico7812

cmdrico7812

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

Would anyone be willing to create a TIN for me out of the goodness of their heart? I have the stripped down version of ArcGIS 9.1 so I don't have the ability to create a simple TIN From a contour line file (unless someone knows how to do that with the basic license then that would be great). If not, could someone build me one? Thanks. I've attached a zip file with the contour shapefile in it. Thanks a ton in advance!

** Apparently my file didn't attach. It's about 5mbs. If anyone can do this for me, I'll email it to you. Thanks **

paul

paul

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Running, telemark skiing, GIS
  • United States

Would anyone be willing to create a TIN for me out of the goodness of their heart?  I have the stripped down version of ArcGIS 9.1 so I don't have the ability to create a simple TIN From a contour line file (unless someone knows how to do that with the basic license then that would be great).  If not, could someone build me one?  Thanks.  I've attached a zip file with the contour shapefile in it.  Thanks a ton in advance!

** Apparently my file didn't attach.  It's about 5mbs.  If anyone can do this for me, I'll email it to you.  Thanks **

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assuming you have a single-use license of ArcView, you can actually evaluate any ESRI extension for free for 60 days. Just go into your desktop adminstrator, click "Register Single Use and Extensions", click the "Register Now" button, check the "I would like to manage my ArcView registration" box and have the "...register additional ArcGIS extensions" option selected, select "Register now using the internet", then click "next" through the next few screen without doing anything until you get to the form for "Evaluate ArcGIS extensions". Select with extension(s) you want to evaluate, click "next", and your ready to go! The whole process takes about a minute. The extension you want is 3D Analyst.

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

cmd, were you able to use those instructions to activate 3d analyst? or do you still need help?

araki5

araki5

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:GIS/MAPSERVER/OSSIM/GDAL
  • United States

cmd,
if u still need a hand on that TIN, i do one in ARCMAP 3d analyst, or in AUTOCAD MAP 3d, just specifiy which.

just send me a pm
R~
Randy Long
GIS/CAD Tech
Mackay and Somps

Raster is Faster, but Vector is Corrector.

cmdrico7812

cmdrico7812

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • United States

I was able to install the 60 day trail of the 3d Analyst. Thank you. I wasn't aware that existed. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->