• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Textularia

Textularia

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Quaternary geology, archaeological geology, geologic mapping, archaeology.
  • United States

Dear Colleagues,

For a small personal (unfunded) geological project, in which I am involved, I have been trying to find either a hard copy or scan of the VGI topographic mapping with 5 meter contours or digital elevations models (DEMs) of the Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The only topographic maps (VGI 1:25,000 scale maps), which I can find, are pricy at 150 dollars a sheet. This is a price, which I have neither the personal money, as my wife is remodeling our house, nor work funding, because of tights budgets, to spend.

I need copies of only two VGI 1:25,000 scale sheets, 475-3-4 and 525-1-2.

Does anyone know where I might find either these maps or any sort of usable topographic coverage, either as hard / scans of topographic maps or DEMs, of the Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina area? Visoko lies northwest of Sarajevo and between it and Zenica. The latitude and longitude of of the center of my area of interest is 43?59'20.10"N, 18?10'12.97"E.

Best regards,

Paul Heinrich
Baton Rouge, LA

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Normally I'd recommend EastView Cartographic (www.cartographic.com, but looking at the price you mention, I guess that's the one you found as well.

They do have other 1:50.000 scale topographic maps at $44 per sheet, perhaps that would be suitable for you?

Alternatively, I'd be happy to generate some contours for you based on SRTM data, but I'm not sure whether the ~90m accuracy in source data is enough. Contact me privately if you're interested.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->