• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

About 5 years ago, I worked on a series of bicylce maps for the ANWB (Automobile Association of The Netherlands). Using data from the Dutch Topographic Service, 4 sets of 4 maps each in scales of 1:50.000 or 1:60.000 were produced. Route information was then digitized on top of them.

I thought they were long out of print and never got hold of a copy myself. The only samples available online were without the texts (text placement was done by another company and overlaid on our base map during the printing process).

I happened to be at the ANWB office for business the other day and brought this up to the people who manage the map production over there and they found me the exact sets I had worked on. They're somewhat special to me because it was the first major project I worked on, the first maps that I produced that were published and the first time I actually won an award with any of my maps (2001 Mapublisher Map Awards)

Unfortunately, the printing quality doesn't agree with scanning so this sample looks rather coarse :(

Posted Image
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->