• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • New Zealand

I have many small hobbies - canoeing, snowboarding, camping. My main activity outside of work is building sets for theater. I work with a couple of local theaters helping design lighting and scenery for their shows.

Hi jrat—used to work as a set builder myself before I made the shift back to carto. Mostly film and TV but also did the odd theatre or event job. Always wish I had of got more photos of the work we did over the years...
S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

I had a life-long hobby building models and military miniatures.
When I was married though, It drove my wife nuts to see me spending all this work time drawing tiny little details on maps then relaxing by painting tiny little details on miniature soldiers....I had to give it up.
ANybody else into models?
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • United States

I had a life-long hobby building models and military miniatures.
When I was married though, It drove my wife nuts to see me spending all this work time drawing tiny little details on maps then relaxing by painting tiny little details on miniature soldiers....I had to give it up.
ANybody else into models?

Not plastic models, but I do paint lead/tin miniatures. Did you get rid of them or do you still have some?
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Graciee

Graciee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Ok, so i'm new here. Kind of have a new life now so I decided to take up a new hobby. 5 year cancer survivor so I'm going to learn about cartography. I want to travel and thought this would be a great mix. Would accept any advice on what or where I should start my journey. Online courses, books that sort of thing. After reading all through this forum I have realized you guys are not boring 4eyes at all!! I already knew you were intelligent but found you are quite funny as well. Thanks in advance, Graciee

thomas491

thomas491

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

My main hobbies are travel, driving and photograhy. I love taking off for the mountains whenever I get the chance and snapping the scenary when I get there.

I also like discovering single track roads that I can disappear down for a little adventure.

ccream

ccream

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

I love to travel and see the uniqueness of each place, whether it is the people, the lifestyle, the scenes, even the history. And I love taking photographs too.

P.Raposo

P.Raposo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • United States

I play guitar, and I sing, not always at the same time. I've actually met a whole bunch of guitar playing cartographers lately, which is cool :)

And cool - some beautiful photography in here by some of you folks.

Cheers, P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->