VolksNav

VolksNav

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi, everybody,

this should be of interest for all cartographers:  acc. to http://mefso.org/cto, the city of Sanaa/Jemen is about to introduce the first part of the location codes described on Navipedia of the European Space Agency www.volksnav.de/Navipedia. Such codes base on imaginary clocks, make post codes and square search grids obsolete and are even proper for the blind, see iphone app “blind in NY”  www.volksnav.de/blindInNY

I've already called the attention of this forum to this huge business opportunity for cartographers www.volksnav.de/MagicGrid. At that time it wasn’t possible to demonstrate that city authorities could think innovative.

In my opinion, this new information could be enough to start objective discussions. I’d propose that anyone would think about projects where for the first time the customer could have an alternative to square grids - or none - which gives to the map reader the possibility to use his capability to read a clock.          

Henrique

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search grid, business, new cartography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->